- The DRX 9000 is a new technology used to better perform spinal decompressions. Finally, spinal decompression that's affordable!
Headaches and Migraines in Bloomington
Headaches and migraines can create problems for people in their everyday lives. At True Health Chiropractic and Massage, we help people manage their headaches and recover from their pain.
Common Causes of Headaches and Migraines
People in Bloomington IL can experience headaches and migraines for a variety of reasons. Knowing the underlying cause is important for treating the problem.
- Stress. Stress can cause the muscles in the neck, shoulder and back to become tense, which can lead to pain up and down the neck and into the scalp and head.
- Neck injury. Neck injuries like whiplash can cause headaches by creating pain and tension up and down the neck and into the spine.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is a condition that occurs when the vertebrae of the spine press on the spinal cord. Subluxations in the neck can cause headaches.
- Environmental factors. Sometimes chemicals, bright lights and other environmental factors can lead to headaches.
Chiropractic Care For Headaches
As your chiropractor in Bloomington IL, we can help you recover from your headaches. We use all-natural, non-invasive, medication-free treatments to help our patients recover from their headaches. Some of the most common techniques we use to help patients manage pain from headaches include:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that can help realign the vertebrae, relax the muscles and heal the body from injuries. Whether your pain comes from a subluxation, a recent injury or muscle tension along the spine, our techniques can help.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy reduces pain from muscle tension, improves blood flow in injured areas of the body and can help patients relax. Massage therapy is an important form of treatment for patients who get headaches because of stress.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help patients who experience headaches because of tension in the muscles. Stretches and exercises can help loosen the muscles and improve range of motion.
- Lifestyle advice. Sometimes people get headaches because of choices they make in their everyday lives. Your chiropractor can help you determine the cause of your headaches. Once the source of the pain has been determined, your chiropractor will help you make lifestyle changes to fix the problem.
- Nutrition counseling. Poor nutrition can also play a role in whether or not a patient gets headaches. At True Health Chiropractic and Massage, we help patients choose the right foods that can help them experience less pain throughout the day.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care treats headaches and migraines by treating the underlying cause. Whereas pain medications simply mask pain without fixing the problem, chiropractic care can stop the problem from reoccurring by treating the pain at its source. This makes chiropractic care a more long-term solution for patients.
Contact Your Chiropractor In Bloomington
If you experience headaches regularly, True Health Chiropractic and Massage can help. Call today to make an appointment at (309) 585-0704